If you read my last blog post about my biggest takeaways from 2017, you'll probably be able to make the connection to some of my 2018 goals, we live and we learn right?
Another year wiser, 2018 will be the year of growth, success, gratitude, strength, confidence and health. I managed to become fully self employed in 2017, but in 2018 I will thrive upon being organized with my business, creating a better schedule for my work time and personal time as well as enjoying more time with friends and family.
Writing a list of goals can create anxiety for some, but this is a natural reaction because we are prone to anxiety as humans fear the unknown. I'm pretty big into the law of attraction, if you're unfamiliar with this topic, check out this link. Knowing the law of attraction, you know that whatever you set your mind to, you can achieve. From the time we are young, we are taught that the course of life is meant to go a certain way, some actually never take hold of the power within themselves to live their lives the way they want to, and instead they struggle to get through day to day tasks and these are often some of the most negative people you may come across. It's not their fault, however, it's the way society has shaped them to be.
You can slowly shift your mindset to reach all your biggest goals in life and it's likely quite a bit easier to do than you think. My goal in 2017 was to be a full time fashion illustrator, I wrote this goal down probably a good 50-100 times, all in the present tense; "I am so happy and grateful now that I am a full time fashion illustrator". I would repeat this in my head over and over again until it became true! If you seek financial freedom, a good one to write down is "I'm so happy and grateful now that money comes to me in increasing quantities through multiple sources of income" (quoting Bob Proctor). This sentence is so far embedded into my brain that I believe it's true! I believe making money is easy, and to be honest it is! How much you make determines your strategy, your quality of work and amount of sources of income, but making money alone is easy to do in this day and age.
Below is my list of goals for 2018, you may notice that I wrote it in the present tense. I do this because I am affirming these goals to be true (although some I have started to do already) instead of merely wishful thinking. This is what causes goals to become embedded into our brains and for our subconscious minds to start looking for ways to create our reality with these goals, hence the law of attraction (ta-da!).
1. Every morning, I write down 10 things I am grateful for that day as well as my intention for the day. Keeping me in a feeling of gratitude and focus throughout the day.
2. I express kindness and peace in all my endeavours and interactions
3. I am confident in expressing who I am
4. I work with world renown brands whose vision aligns with my art
5. I live freely and effortlessly, I go with the tide of life and do things at my own pace
6. I practice silence for at least 5 minutes per day, and take 17 second meditations periodically throughout the day (check out this link)
7. I enjoy a beautiful relationship with my boyfriend that grows in love each day
8. I enjoy a healthy life in this healthy body of mine that consumes nourishing plant based foods and exercises daily along with lots of sleep
9. I develop my yoga practice to push new limits and explore new depths within myself
10. I am known for my talent, for my craft. I am known as a fashion illustrator - internationally.
11. I create a book, full of illustrated fashion images and sell this book worldwide
12. I am financially free to seek the adventures that I want to and to travel the world while working remotely
13. I give back to my community by donating monthly to local hospitals, bringing blankets, socks and food to my homeless neighbours and sponsoring children in less fortunate countries
14. I begin to revive the art of fashion illustration, opening doors for other fashion illustrators as well.
15. I explore new styles and mediums of illustration to broaden my skill set and develop my style further
16. I slow down the pace of my life and take time to pursue my actions daily in order to fully complete tasks with quality and precision
17. I tell those whom I love that I am grateful to have them in my life, I cherish these people dearly and take lots of time to see them.
18. I plan my trip to Thailand, ensuring that I get to see culture and plenty of natural beauty in this adventure
19. I add lots of products to my online shop available for purchase and I sell them successfully
20. I cease judgement of people I do not know. If my mind may judge, I do not act upon the thought and merely let it fade out of my thoughts.
What is your biggest goal for 2018?
The more you write it down, the more you will implant it in your mind and therefor the more likely it will be to come true!
Make a vision board, a goals list, do what you need to do to get inspired to live your life the way you want to!